Super Smash Bros. Crusade, a game by Phantom7, Falcon88, and DRMARIOX, is a Smash Bros. fangame project developed with Gamer Maker 7 Pro. The goal of this game is to create a competitive and unique fighting experience with tons of fighters and stages!
Check this site daily for daily weekday updates.
DOWNLOAD THE DEMO!!! Click here!
Be prepared, because a new demo is scheduled for release around Christmas. It will include:
14 Fighters - each with Final Smashes
And 3 modes of VS Mode -- Stock, Time, and Stamina.
This demo is a HUGE improvement from the latest demo, which was released before redevelopment began.
We'll also be adding a Special Features page, in which we will post screenshots, FAQs, and more.
This may come as a disappointment, but the basic game engine for Crusade is not just being overhauled, it has been completely re-started from scratch. However, the basic fighting engine is 99% done, and more characters will be produced soon.
Some changes you may need to know -
1. Grabs and throws are in! In all four directions and with grab-releasing.
2. Edge grabbing is in! With three options from the edge other than just climbing up - attacking, rolling, or jumping.
3. Smash Attacks no longer require a separate button. Now, there is a 3 frame window in which you may Smash after pressing a direction.
4. We now have Dash Attacks! After dashing for 9 frames, you may do a Dash Attack.
5. Hitlag is more realistic, and the hit effects are better.
6. Thankfully, the game now runs smoothly at 60 frames per second, the same speed as Brawl. It looks much smoother than the old engine. This speed is one of the best features of the new engine.
We're at least two months from any demos. For now, here are some snapshots from the actual engine that you may find interesting:
From top, left to right: 1) Mario lands a devastating Down Smash. 2) Link's Up Smash is fast and scores three hits. Shown is the third hit. 3) Mario's Back Throw gets opponents out of his face at low damage, then KO's at high damage. 4) Link performs one of his Hidden Skills, the Helm Splitter. This is done by performing a Shield Attack with Side B, then pressing Side B again. 5) Link tenaciously holds on while Mario tries to guess Link's next move from the edge...